Ann Ardron Local Artist
This Autumn we are really excited to display a selection of work by Ann Ardron Local Artist
Ann’s work is inspired by her love of landscape and nature. She spends a lot of time outdoors, and finds herself endlessly attracted to the beauty of the natural world. In her paintings, she strives to show more than “just” the view by trying to convey aspects such as the mood, light, weather and time of day.
Ann often portrays local scenes, especially the Nene Valley and surrounding countryside, but she is also motivated by her travels in the UK and abroad.
Recently, she has included compositions that focus in on a particular detail from the landscape, rather than the whole scene. These works include her Water Reflections series, where she strives either to represent the complex visual appearance of the water’s surface, or to convey its depth.
Exhibitions and Galleries
Ann’s work is held in private collections in the UK and abroad, and is regularly shown in exhibitions and galleries. Exhibitions include:
- Royal Watercolour Society, Bankside Galleries, London, 2012
- Royal Society of Marine Artists, Mall Galleries, London 2011
- Andronicas, Peterborough, Feb – July 2011
- Society of Women Artists, Mall Galleries, London, 2010
- The SAA Artist of the Year (Category Winner), London, 2010
- Patchings Festival, Nottingham, 2010
- Peterborough Open Artists’ Studios, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008
Further details, including information about portrait and landscape commissions, is available on her website www.annardron.com
To view Ann’s work at The Rural Business Community
CALL 01572 338001